The data centre sector continues to grow quickly in terms of size, shape and complexity. Regulation, efficiency expectations, demand and cost are all increasing, development opportunities and availability of competent delivery teams are limited and optimal and often superior levels of both resilience and physical / digital security are expected.
Lysander’s entry into the data centre sector was driven, to a degree by existing clients, as well as a belief that challenges in the sector can be overcome through utilising a combination of our experience from the logistics sector and our construction services provision.
Operating across the UK and Europe, Lysander Data Centre Services provides a full range of professional services to guide data centre and mission-critical projects through permitting, design, construction, operations and post-completion complexities. Our integrated multi-disciplinary services and dedicated director-led teams significantly reduce the risk to data centre owners and operators both during development as well as over the lifetime of the facility.
Our data centre sector specific improvement initiatives include:
- Simplifying delivery
- Integrating design standardisation
- Accelerating design decision making
- Cost effective sustainability
- Overcoming regional variances
Lysander typically provides construction services across 4 main functions:
- End-to-end leadership across data centre projects and programmes
- Utilising our suite of documents developed over the last 20 years
- Interventions to reduce delays during the mobilisation of data centre projects
- Accurate and detailed project controls through all stages of project delivery
- Focus on cost forecasting rather than reporting using collective experience and market intelligence
- Commercial focus and risk analysis to mitigate the impact of risk on the programme
- Lessons learnt from data centre procurement practices as well as procurement examples from other sectors
- Opportunities to reduce costs and project timescales through better procurement strategies and/or more efficient processes
- Programme Management Office
- Environmental, Social and Governance
- Information management
- Commissioning management
- Stakeholder management
- Performance management
Project Size: 3,000 sq. m.
Project Value: c. €300m
Completed: July 2022
Lysander DCS provided local cost management and health and safety services; we also assisted the client with the procurement and management of an Italian labour company. In addition, Lysander supported in the various phases to ensure that the project ran smoothly and on time.
Project Size: 4.8 MW including 3 x Data Halls
Project Value: c. £55m
Completed: April 2023
Lysander DCS provided project and cost management services throughout the design and construction phases. This complex fit-out project, within an existing, ‘live’ site, was made even more challenging with the replacement of the GC and introduction of new consultants to the professional team.
Project Size: 6 MW inc. 2 x Data Halls.
Project Value: c. £85m potential £850m
Completed: November 2022
A new Tier 4 data centre development in the Midlands, constructed on a brownfield site, in a sensitive location between an existing data centre and a main railway line. Lysander DCS provided programme management office services throughout both feasibility and pre-construction phases on this project.
Project Size: 10.2 MW inc. 2 x Data Halls
Project Value: c. £75m (FO only)
Completion: December 2023
Lysander DCS provided both project management and contract administration duties working closely with both the client and GC teams. This fit-out project was part of a complex larger programme of works, including substantial power infra structure alterations, new substations and extension of the facility to include a B2 70 MW data centre.